*sidenote: installments of the former shortlist have now become the perfect playlist. i just think it fits me better
I used to watch American Idol every single week. I was an American Idol groupie. I’d sit through the tryouts, then attach myself to a favorite as the weeks went on and the choices got narrower. I am ashamed to say that one of the reasons that I got unlimited texting on my mobile phone was so that I could text in my vote every week (that, and a teenage daughter who sent over 12,000 texts one month). But as the seasons passed, my interest waned. I mean, what’s American Idol without Simon anyway?
Last night, Helen turned on the American Idol season premier, and we all watched it together. I was a little sceptic about the new judges, but I have to say, I think they pulled it off. The auditions are as crazy as ever, the talent impressive, and the judges are entertaining. I might just have to watch again tonight. We’ll see how it goes.
So, since I’m sitting here talking about American Idol, here are some of my idols right now:
- Steven Tyler. Maybe it’s the rocker chic in me, or the way he sang the word “daddy” last night, but he is now my favorite judge.
- Steven Tyler’s ring. Left hand, middle finger. Oh, I so want one!
- Jennifer Lopez’ hair. So jealous.
- Valarie, my hairstylist. I’m getting my hair done today, whether or not it snows. She’s a genius, but I bet even she can’t give me J.Lo hair.
- Hawaii. No, I’ve never been, but apparently my t-shirt has. I have no idea where this shirt came from, but it’s taunting me.
- Steve Jobs. Get well soon!
Here’s to having the whole country choose the next pop star. And those brave enough to audition. Cheers!